10 Tips for a Healthy and Happy Dog
It’s no secret that dogs are a man’s (or woman’s) best friend! They are loyal and loving companions that would go to the ends of the earth to please us just for a pat on the head or a belly rub. So, why wouldn’t we want to do the same for them? What we might think makes dogs happy may not be what’s best for them. For example, your poochie loves when you give them a chip or part of your sandwich but this may not the healthiest way to say “I love you.” Patty the Pet Sitter wants to help you identify healthy ways to make you pet healthy!
• Feed your dog high quality food. This is key for all aspects of their health!
• Keep them free of fleas and ticks
• Take your dog on regular walks or engage in regular play that gets them moving
• Don’t allow your pet off the leash in areas that are not dog safe
• Make regular trips to the vet for checkups and vaccinations
• Give your dog plenty of toys to stimulate their minds
• Set boundaries to lessen your dog’s anxiety
• Do not over feed your dog
• Bruch their teeth regularly
• Keep nails clipped and clean
There are just a few that are easy to keep up with at home! If you find yourself too busy to provide exercise for your dog from time to time, give Patty a call! Patty to the Rescue Pet Sitting is the premier dog walker in Arlington, Tx. Contact Patty today!